View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 12:35 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Gus played well this year and has shown flashes but I am not ready to pencil him in as top 4 defender on a contender.
Nonsense. He's Randy Jones. Don't sugarcoat it for our sake.

Quote:
Yeah we do know what Gagne is, an injury waiting to happen.
And we have plenty of top 9 call-ups to choose from.

Quote:
So you say we will have crappy goaltending, which happens to be a pretty important position in hockey, but then say we have a stacked roster.
Goaltending is not the most important position in the NHL. All you need to do is not have crap goaltending to be successful as long as you have the roster to counter it. Unfortunately, Bryzgalov is the ultimate crap goaltend---I mean Leighton. Oh, whatever, same thing.

Quote:
Without those concerns, you are counting on Schenn and Couturier to take a big step, definitely possible but not a given.
To believe that Schenn and Couturier could be 40-50 point forwards next season is not a "big" step. Realistically though, we don't really need both of them to be offensively successful; only one of them really.

Quote:
I think this organization has some serious talent, but if this roster is stacked, then I don't know what you would call some of the other rosters in this league.
Overrated and old.