View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 12:54 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Good breakdown.

Are you conceding that Lundqvist is the better regular season goaltender? Because, if thats the case, I think its unfair to ask someone who is already great to raise their game even further.

In other words, it was easier for Richter to up his game in the playoffs because he was never particularly great in the regular season. Lundqvist, due to his consistently great seasons, doesnt have much room to grow.
a) Plenty of great players raise(d) their game in the playoffs. Lundqvist is a potential HOFer and the best post-lockout goalie, I don't know why it's unfair.

b) He could play on the same level in the playoffs and before you give me stats, I don't mean have half the games be amazing and half be awful. The same level means great but not as amazing as those games consistently. However, the fact that he's shown he can raise his game from the regular season in some games, even under adverse situations (back to back game, in a game 7 against the Caps), it shouldn't be too much to ask of him to have those games, but most of the rest of the time be regular season Lundqvist. He's shown he can do it. Why does he have to "crash" into mediocrity when he' not having those amazing games?