View Single Post
05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
All fair comments, I would ask do you expect them to fill those holes, and if they do, will they be close? Because at the end of the day that's the question. Not many people would have said they could compete with London this year, and without MS19 spending all that time in Winnipeg they would have been real close on points for the season and they came within .1 of a second of overtime in game 7. I expect Bradford, McDonald and Lemieux will all get considerably more ice-time next year and will have considerably more production as a result.
Thats not the committee's job thou, to anticipate who will be traded where. You may be able to replace the attributes that Camara brought, but there won't be a top 10 NHL pick who can control the game like Schiefele on the market, and if he was, the Colts may not have the best assets to get him.

You may be able to capture a bit of magic with a Matt Mahalik in net, but will be be as good as Niederberger? Maybe, but thats some big shoes to fill. The Colts also have not been very aggressive in the import draft, so one can't expect the Colts to fill holes there either, especially where they draft.

End of the day the Knights roster was much better, and that was the key difference. I get that your a Colts fan, but perhaps you don't see this as independent as others do. There's an emotional attachment that the committee doesn't have. London had the better roster, flip those rosters, and Barrie wins this thing fairly easily.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote