View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
CupofOil
Visualizing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Am I the only person here who thinks Darnell Nurse is a standout? I mean he put up 40 points on a team that already had Ryan Sproul and Collin Miller. I have no problem selecting him 7th overall and personally would be pissed if we passed on him to acquire a mediocre player like Ference.
I've only had limited viewings of Nurse so i'll defer to those of you who have more firsthand knowledge. He seems like a guy who has a lot of potential but is a bit of a project at this point. He really only started to burst onto the scene this season.

I'm not sure what Ference has to do with who the Oilers draft pick, it's not like they are dealing the pick for Ference.
I'm saying that if they have a chance to get Yandle, Del Zotto or somebody of that ilk with #7 being the centerpiece then i think that the Oilers should do it. Nurse, Zadarov etc. can only hope to be near as good as those guys one day.

If Monahan is available, then that's another story. It's really difficult to acquire legit top 6 centers through trade or free agency so the draft is the best chance to get one and Monahan fits the bill plus he's a really safe bet to be at least a strong #3C in the league.

Last edited by CupofOil: 05-20-2013 at 02:14 PM.