View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The idea that you're advocating Thomas scares me. In all honesty, I'd rather give that job to Eriksson.
See this is what is wrong with HF. Yes, let's go with Eriksson, a player who never played in NA over a Vezina winning goalie who took a year off and before that year played at an extremely high level. Let's not forget Eriksson is extremely young, and you don't want to throw him into that mix if Mason struggles(see Bob, over played here at times for being so young.) I am not saying give Thomas 3 years, do one year and see how he competes. He gives us a much better chance than Eriksson and Bryz.

You want to go with a Mason/Eriksson tandem, we will enjoy picking in the lottery again. No doubt in my mind.

Luongo won't be bought out, so why trade for him and that contract? Luongo is only going to be a nice addition if he is bought out at a cheaper rate, that's not happening. If we want to trade for Miller, we will have to give up assets. Assets this team probably can't afford to give for a goalie. The UFA market is much more suitable for the Flyers if they buy out Bryz. TImmy P also said today on twitter he thinks Bryz is here next year, but he doesn't know what he is talking about half the time. So take it with a grain of salt.