View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Gabrielor
14-15 Goal: McDavid

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I don't see 1 year of Miller or Vanek having the value in futures to move up for the teams selecting ahead of them. If someone breaks with preceived value and makes the deal with Regier, fine. But it doesn't seem all that likely.
Not necessarily just Miller and Vanek.

Also, a team like Florida is absolutely loaded with young talent. There's no way all of those young-potential guys make the same roster. They'll need some veteran depth somewhere. Which is why I think 1-8,vanek for 1-2 as a base makes sense.

Florida's been picking high the last few years, were in the playoffs in 2012, and will soon be in ufa-to-augment-the-homegrown-talent phase. In Florida's shoes, acquiring an underrated scoring winger all-star at the cost of moving down 6 choices in a deep draft (at base, we'd be adding most likely to that) makes sense. Another season like 2013 for JHub, with Vanek added, I think they compete for a 3-spot upon the division.

Buffalo, on the other hand, should be looking for the young talent to build their core/identity, as that's currently in progress. We're probably 1-2 years atleast from the add-the-over-the-top-ufas phase, so in the meantime, we're in a position to swing for the fences in this specific draft, why not do it?

(Sorry, life-long Bills/Sabres fan, the idea of being patient comes hard)