View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 03:38 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Here we go again...

I think there is zero chance that Gillis moves Kassian for a smaller player, especially a d-man.
Had to! MDZ is 6'0-6'1 205-210lbs. Not exactly small. He is also a physical player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Why is MDZ available?

It is well documented that Kassian had a rough year, but the potential is obviously there and he has shown signs of being the PWF we all want.

I assume that MDZ is struggling a bit as well, I have liked him when I saw him play but you only watch so many Rangers games out here. Thing is that we desperately needs size and toughness in our top 6 and we hope Kassian can bring that
The Rangers need a shake-up and they have too many LD's. Staal, McDonagh, Moore, MDZ (not in any order). MDZ has been a top-4 d-man for a couple of years, just a numbers game and I know Jeff Gorton (AGM) and Gordie Clarke (Director of Scouting) love big guys who can skate and intimidate. They loved Kassian in his draft year but he was gone.

Gorton helped draft Lucic and Marchand and sign Chara. Clarke drafted Chara. Both drafted McIlrath @ 10. They like those types of multi-faceted, a little crazy, players.