View Single Post
05-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Diamond in the rough
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Had to! MDZ is 6'0-6'1 205-210lbs. Not exactly small. He is also a physical player.

The Rangers need a shake-up and they have too many LD's. Staal, McDonagh, Moore, MDZ (not in any order). MDZ has been a top-4 d-man for a couple of years, just a numbers game and I know Jeff Gorton (AGM) and Gordie Clarke (Director of Scouting) love big guys who can skate and intimidate. They loved Kassian in his draft year but he was gone.

Gorton helped draft Lucic and Marchand and sign Chara. Clarke drafted Chara. Both drafted McIlrath @ 10. They like those types of multi-faceted, a little crazy, players.
I like MDZ a lot but unfortunately we have too many LD's as well. Edler, Hamhuis and Garrison (although he can play RD effectively with the right partner) are all LD's. We need to move on (Edler) and pick up a righty to balance the pairings a bit better imo.

Also - just to echo what other posters have said regarding Kassian, he showed some really good spurts and flashes in the playoffs, I don't think the team will trade him. All signs look to him becoming a good 20 g/30 a PWF, which is exactly what the team is hoping for.