View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 02:55 PM
doubledown99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
HFOil....up-down-up-down.....

Sure there's the posters who consistently hate on guys like Hemsky and Gagner for being small, non-physical or injury-prone. Posters who are already paying Ryane Clowe 5M to play on the 2nd line next year. But it was hardly two months ago there were a myriad of posters loving the fact that Hemmer was back playing with confidence.

Now we're paying his salary and trading him for a 7th round pick.

Figures.
To me and I believe I've been consistent with this, the core pieces are Nuge, Hall, Ebs, Yak and JS. Build around those pieces and move the rest for other key pieces. The pieces I would be trying to move are Hemsky, Gagner, and Paajarvi. I'd move others but doubt they hold much appeal to other GMs.

Monahan I believe will be a key piece for us in the future as a 1-2 punch of Nuge and Monahan will be formidable. So I would move Hemsky (even at a lesser price) to guarantee that.

I like Gags but I would move him for a top 4 defender. My ideal player is Alzner but not sure if that is possible. I would flip MPS for a young defender that could turn out to be top 4. Again I like B. Smith from Det but not sure if realistic. I also like Gormely but again who knows if possible.

Just one persons opinion and you know what they say about opinions...