View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I'm not too familiar with Michigan State as I mostly just watch the Habs prospects play in the NCAA, but they got good contributions from their young players, so I don't think he'll be getting that big of a role with them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he'll be forced the play the role in London that the Habs could want him to play if gets drafted by them and I just don't think he will get to play that role in NCAA.
He's committed to Western Michigan, where Habs prospect Mike Cichy plays. It's a bit confusing because he was originally supposed to go to Michigan State, but he changed his mind.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/mike-mccarron/

In November 2012 he announced that he would play college hockey at Western Michigan instead of Michigan State

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticl...CLID=205819634

Quote:
The Western Michigan hockey program and head coach Andy Murray have announced the signing of nine student-athletes to national letters of intent to play hockey at WMU on Tuesday afternoon.

Chris Dienes (Traverse City, Mich./Fargo Force, USHL), Sheldon Dries (Macomb, Mich./Green Bay Gamblers, USHL), Aaron Hadley (Castlegar, B.C./Vernon Vipers, BCHL), Michael McCarron (Macomb, Mich./USNTDP U-18, USHL), Mike McKee (Newmarket, Ont./Lincoln Stars, USHL), Sam Mellor (Cranbrook, B.C./Penticton Vees, BCHL), Kyle Novak (O’Fallon, Mo./Green Bay Gamblers, USHL), Michael Rebry (Clear Creek, Ont./Penticton Vees, BCHL) and Paul Stoykewych (Winnipeg, Man./Winnipeg Blues, MJHL) have all pledged their futures to the Broncos.

Tinordi was supposed to be headed to Notre Dame when we drafted him, then he changed his mind a few weeks later. McCarron was seen at the London-Barrie Game 5, so clearly he's still thinking about London. If the NHL team that picks him wants him to go to London, I'd guess it's likely to happen.