View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
He did play well against the Sens and Caps last year, but he fell apart against NJD in 2 very important games. The 3-2 games he wasn't that bad. Last year he had the best playoff of his career and the team with no goal support ended up getting to the ECF (granted they were low seeds). My point is that if he played closer to what we saw in the first 2 rounds in the playoffs last year more often we'd have way more success over the years. Also, people forget that Richards saved his ass in game 5 of the Caps series last year. He allowed a terrible go ahead goal in the 3rd period of that game. If Richards didn't score his relatively lucky goal we're most likely done in 6 against the Caps.

This year against the Caps? Did the last 2 games blind Rangers fans? Game 1 he gives up one of the weakest goals I've ever seen him give up and another one that a goalie of caliber should stop. Games 3 and 4, he wasn't awful but he gave up 3 goals, each game he was pretty mediocre. That's after playing one of the best games of his career in game 2. I didn't even mention that in the breakdown. I counted that since 06-07 he has played 10 series and he was wildly inconsistent in 7 of them. The only series that wasn't the case was the Atlanta series in 07 (though game 1 he was pretty mediocre), and the first 2 rounds last year. I've broken all of those down except the first round series this year, which I thought was fresh in everyone's minds. This latest series will be either another inconsistent one, or worse just an awful one.
Holy crap... do you see the chances that this team gives up? Apparently not...