View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 03:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I like his personality and honestly, I'd rather give him one more year before we buy him out. I admit when Bryz does something outright stupid, but I still believe he is his own worst critic, and it sometimes shows. And guess what, if we did buy off Bryz at the end of next season, it is basically a one year contract. Also, the goalie pool is WAY better in the next offseason. Lundy, Miller, Hiller, Halak, Crawford, Biron, and so on. I'm not saying Biron should be our starter, but I still would like him as a back up possibly. And this isn't even including a good list of RFA goalies that off-season as well. I'd say we should stick with what we have in goal for right now, see how both goalies do and make the decision either at the trade deadline or in the off-season (if we could trade off Bryz maybe in some miracle of a trade).
I think it does come down to money though. We have a few spots that need upgrading (I personally feel that we need another top 4 defender and a top 9 winger). If you can sign TT to a contract less than Bryz and save money (even with the buying out of Briere), I'd do it. Maybe it gives us some room to make other trades for another defender or forward. Having cap space on a team that has alot of money gives way for some trades (sadly smart and stupid ones).

Now I wont say Im a Bryz hater, but looking at the facts, he has been average to below average in 2 straight seasons. We split him with Bob and he doesnt play enough is the excuse. Now Bob is gone and we play him alot and he plays too much is the excuse now. Bryz was sheltered behind a great system in Phoenix where they limit the amount of high percentage shots on goal. Bryz will not have that here. I do think it's time to move on. A Thomas-Mason pairing is a pretty solid pairing, you can maybe save money, and upgrade other parts of the team. Even if they might not be an UPGRADE over Bryz, it's still a win-win scenario as we get rid of a long contract and a semi-expensive one and pick up a smaller contract on a hopefully one non-as-expensive year deal.