05-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
Hi there, Pens fans.
I know you are all wrapped up in playoffs, but perhaps someone will drop few lines here. My local team Medvescak Zagreb has joined KHL less then a month ago. During lockout, yours kid Dustin Jeffrey was playing for us in EBEL and there is a rumor we might be able to sign him for next season. Now, I know there is no way he would swap NHL for KHL, but I was wondering how does his future with Penguins look like. Is there a spot in lineup for him at all? I know he has been out of all PO games, but that does not necessarily mean he's out for next season, with rentals and cap going down. We would love to see him in our KHL team, but I don't think it is realistic ... Or is it?
Hard to say.

Pens have many UFAs or RFAs, just like Jeffrey. There should be a place for him on the 3rd or 4th line when Adams and Glass are gone. Bylsma loves his vets though, so I wouldn't be surprised if Adams stays for another year. Glass is signed through next year, but he really should be bought out.

But in my opinion Jeffrey does have a future in the NHL, if not with the Pens, then with some other team who needs a bottom 6 center.

Frederick Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote