View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 04:42 PM
FisherKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Hayden would be fine but Diaby would be a terrible pick early 2nd rd.
Well, the way I look at where Diaby is concerned, is that everyone (me included) has been crying for a big, mean D-man who can clear the crease and back it up with hsi fists if called upon to do so since I don't know when.

Yes, we have Tinordi now, but he can't be on the ice all the time. Diaby seems to have the tools to be an NHLer although it will take him a few years to get there and it would appear that his upside is probably a 5th-6th dman, which is PERFECT. He's huge, and he's going to grow and will probably top out at around 240-250 lbs, and he can fight now although needs more experience and seasoning which he should acquire in the next few years. If he does, no one but NO ONE is going to want any part of him when he's 24-25 years old.

Plus, teams tend to put their meanest and most intimidating (and least talented) players on the 4th line which, as a 5th or 6th dman, are the guys Diaby will likely be facing. This leaves Tinordi to handle the shutdown job on the better players.

I figure there is not a chance in hell of Diaby being there when Habs pick at 55 and I don't want the players he's clearing out from the front of the net and pounding on to be Habs players while he's playing for Boston or Buffalo.

That's why I want Timmins to take Diaby at 34 or 36, because he won't be there at 55 and I shudder to think who will get him.