View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 05:19 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I like his personality and honestly, I'd rather give him one more year before we buy him out. I admit when Bryz does something outright stupid, but I still believe he is his own worst critic, and it sometimes shows. And guess what, if we did buy off Bryz at the end of next season, it is basically a one year contract. Also, the goalie pool is WAY better in the next offseason. Lundy, Miller, Hiller, Halak, Crawford, Biron, and so on. I'm not saying Biron should be our starter, but I still would like him as a back up possibly. And this isn't even including a good list of RFA goalies that off-season as well. I'd say we should stick with what we have in goal for right now, see how both goalies do and make the decision either at the trade deadline or in the off-season (if we could trade off Bryz maybe in some miracle of a trade).
Bryz having an excellent year in 13-14 doesn't erase his history. The guy needs to go, and it's not 100% his fault. Players are judged relative to their contract, and his contract is just stupid for what he has done in his time in Philly.

Next goalie, please.