View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
HFOil....up-down-up-down.....

Sure there's the posters who consistently hate on guys like Hemsky and Gagner for being small, non-physical or injury-prone. Posters who are already paying Ryane Clowe 5M to play on the 2nd line next year. But it was hardly two months ago there were a myriad of posters loving the fact that Hemmer was back playing with confidence.

Now we're paying his salary and trading him for a 7th round pick.

Figures.
The hate for Hemsky here is terrible considering that without him, it just creates another hole. After Yak/RNH/Eberle/Hall/Gagner, we have nothing offensively. Paajarvi would be 6th and he is a 35 point scorer at best. Any of the five above have a bad year, and we're done (like how RNH had a bad year this year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
I'd talk with Phoenix. Maybe we could swap Hemsky for Michalek, Kleska or Morris?

A win-win for both squads as Phoenix gets some much needed offense and the Oilers get a veteran top 4 defenseman.

I just noticed Gordon is a UFA too. He would be a solid pick up.
Hemsky for Michalek is a deal I'd be on board with, although I think you could get Michalek using futures too. I don't think his NTC would matter in this scenario because he already used it from Pittsburgh to Phoenix but I could be wrong.

Also yes Hemsky is a lazy player for stretches and he apparently has "no work ethic" but this guy did play that last 20 games or so with a broken foot because he wanted to help us make the playoffs, so there's that (our D can't hit the net and that's why Hemsky got hurt).