View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 06:17 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I'm really rooting for the penguins to win the cup this year. If they do I don't think that they resign iginla. They need to sign dupuis, letang and Cooke. (Someone's else significant can't remember)
I think we could get iginla to sign here for 4yrs/20 million and make him our captain.
Great vet to mentor our youth, hall idolized him. I would make him captain.

Trade: Hemsky for upshall
Sign: Jagr, Streit, Smith
Buyout: Belanger, Eager
Free agent: Petrell, Jones, Khabby, Whitney, Smithson, Fistric

Hall RNH Yakupov
Jagr Gagner Eberle
PRV Horcoff Iginla
Upshall Smyth Brown
Lander

Streit Schultz
Smid Petry
Klefbom Schultz
Potter

Dubynk
Smith
Firstly, that's not particularly salary cap wise, keeping Horcoff and Iginla. Next season, according to that math, you'll have 10 million dollars on the third line. Salary capped, that doesn't make any sense. Mike Smith is also going to be looking for big bucks on the open market, especially as a starter.

Behind a world-class defence, mind you, that pairing got Canada to 5th at the Worlds. Just saying.

Also, I just find it hillarious you'd sign Iginla and then make him captain. I'd love him here, but let's be honest. The man meant more to Calgary than arguably anyone has meant to Edmonton in that same span. Smyth, maybe. I just don't see him coming here and getting a C and being able to show his face in public.

EDIT: Understood you moved out Hemsky's contract, but Upshall costs the same range. You're not saving any money that way.