Oil 2013-2014 Line Up - your way
View Single Post
05-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Join Date: May 2013
First of all, there is NO chance of yak,ebs,hall,nug,or schultz leaving.
Second of all, even if the oilers manage to get monahan in the draft, it is unlikely that he will be in the lineup next year.
And lastly, i can almost guarantee that a trade will be made for a high end defenceman, most likely a yandle, or shattenkirk. Worst comes to worse, we sign ference or scuderi (which isn't bad at all).
1. Horcoff is a massive cap hit and although MacT loves him, he will be bought out
2. Patrick Thoreson is a monster in the KHL and is chomping at the bit to prove himself in the NHL. He will be willing to take a pay cut to return to his old team to prove himself.
3. Hemsky will be traded as there is no longer room for him. Hemsky plus a pick or two for a high end defenceman (my guess is Shattenkirk, as the Blues do not have nearly enough cap space to sign both him and Pietrangelo).
4. MacT WILL sign a couple grinders especially if gagner is sticking around which leaves the first two lines weak. My best guesses are Clarkson and Bickell. Other options would be Torres, Stalberg, or MAYBE Horton.
5. It is highly doubtful that a starting goalie like Miller, Luongo, or Smith will be acquired. Dubnyk will remain the starting goaltender and a cheap backup will be signed.
6. Belanger is useless and will be bought out
7. One or two depth defenceman will be signed or re-signed
This is a playoff team
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by dburm