View Single Post
Old
01-04-2004, 08:08 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Where does this $266k figure come from?
I think the poster belives that insurance is covering 80% of his contract, which would be false because he would have to be injured and not playing at all for X amount of games for the insurance policy to kick in. Kilger I belive is on a new one-way deal for less money than last season, but will still be paid NHL dollars in the AHL.

Another thing to Komisarek8:

Czerkawski->1.9
McKay->1.7
Audette->3.4
Dwyer&Blouin->500k I think
Traverse->900k
Dykhuis->1.6
Kilger->800k
--------------------------
10.8 Millions $ Spent on the following players.

Now add the players that won't have renewed contracts and the end of the season:

Juneau->2.2
Perreault->2.8
Dackell->1.1
Quintal->450k
-------------------
6.54 M $

That's a lot of money we could spent next summer or just keep it until we are contenders and spend on a few holes to fill players.

That money is freed up sure, but then you pay Hainsey, Plekanec, Hossa and Balej their NHL salaries and not to mention Ryder and Riberio (not to mention Auddete is still getting cash next season) are on one year deals and need to be re-signed so the money totals left over won't be that high. Plus if the new CBA gets a cap we may be close or even over still, money will have to be watched closely. Savard maybe made some bad signings, but he had the contratcs to UFA's expire at the right ime to free room for the cap if it comes into place. Now it's Gainey's turn to make the money work for this team.