View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 07:51 PM
TonsofPuppies*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't want to turn this into a debate but Montreal has the biggest fan base, not Toronto. It's not a knock on TO, it's normal that the most successful team in the history of the sport has the biggest fan base. Just like the Yankees in MLB or the Celtics and Lakers in NBA.
TO have a huge fan base as well, but not the largest.
They get the most coverage because CBC and TSN headquarters are in Toronto, they're the local team. It's only normal.
I disagree personally. Based on when the Leafs are playing abroad in other team's arenas, the amount of Toronto fans at these venues (even in places as far away as Anaheim) is pretty impressive. I see the same thing with the Habs, especially in Florida, but not quite to the same degree as Toronto. I could also argue that with Toronto being a far larger city than Montreal, a larger fan base should be expected. Obviously there are loads of Habs fans in Toronto, just like there are loads of Leafs fans in Montreal, so it's hard to say really. I'd give the edge to the Leafs, but they're pretty much neck in neck. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote