View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 07:54 PM
ccarrigan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarrigan View Post
If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would LOVE some help finding some skates that finally fit my feet properly. Here's a little about me:

5'11", maybe 220. Play 3-5 times a week at C or a bit higher level. Currently wear D width CCM U+ 10.

The issues:

Forefoot is too small, if I lace the first 3 laces tight at ALL my toes bunch and cramp my foot. Midfoot I can't crank down on as my foot is too tall and it cuts off circulation. I have to crank down on the top of the skates due to my skinny ankles and I think the only thing preventing lace bite is the nice tongue. (my ankles are different sizes because of a previous hockey injury but a baking should help that)

We don't have any great stores here in Columbus Ohio so before I went out or ordered online I wanted to see what my next options should be. I was looking at the Nexus 800s, but I'm up for any suggestions.
I'm quoting myself so that I can give an update and ask a question. I was able to try on some Nexus 400s and I did fail the pencil test right around the mid of the lacing curve (4-6 eyelets from the top?). One one eyelet it was pretty apparent, the other two around it were minor. The shop I went to in Columbus won't be getting the 600s or 800s but I'm wondering, would the 600 or 800 have any more room in that area? What about in an E? Would that give me a smidge more volume? Or is the 400 a good test on what I'll be getting.