View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 08:03 PM
DousedInOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I've only had limited viewings of Nurse so i'll defer to those of you who have more firsthand knowledge. He seems like a guy who has a lot of potential but is a bit of a project at this point. He really only started to burst onto the scene this season.

I'm not sure what Ference has to do with who the Oilers draft pick, it's not like they are dealing the pick for Ference.
I'm saying that if they have a chance to get Yandle, Del Zotto or somebody of that ilk with #7 being the centerpiece then i think that the Oilers should do it. Nurse, Zadarov etc. can only hope to be near as good as those guys one day.

If Monahan is available, then that's another story. It's really difficult to acquire legit top 6 centers through trade or free agency so the draft is the best chance to get one and Monahan fits the bill plus he's a really safe bet to be at least a strong #3C in the league.
If Monahan is available I'm on board but I'm not expecting him to be there. I actually think its kind of moot to bring him up.

I don't really consider Nurse a project either. Someone like Samuel Morin is a project. Nurse just needs time to fill out his frame. I think he has very underrated offensive instincts and sees the ice really well. His decision making with the puck is a lot better this year.