View Single Post
Old
10-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
"I'm Really Motivated" - Janne Niinimaa

(Excerpts From RDS.ca)

Here's what Janne Niinimaa had to say to Montreal media waiting for him at Mont-Tremblant today.

"I want to contribute to team success. I play both ways, I want to be on powerplays and kill penalties. I've always played 20, 25 minutes in the last 10 years."

"I am really motivated, hungry even. I am sure I have my place here. But I don't want to just talk about it, I want to show it."

"My last season in Dallas was difficult. I felt ankle pain and I never could give it my all."

"I am healthy today. I had a good camp in Dallas during which IO played at my best level"

"Apparently, I got into a dispute with my old coach with the New York Islanders. There's nothing to it. We traded words because he thought he had heard me say something. It wasn't the case and we quickly reconciliated. I gotta say, we always got along."

"But that other coach (Finland National Team's) had completely lost it. He was insulting and despised the staff, the secretaries, the trainers. It was a thing that I found despicable, that I couldn't accept. That's why I prefered leaving."

"I've had good seasons in Edmonton. People really support their team over there, like Canadiens' fans do."

"I didn't expect to leave the Stars. I had a good meeting with the coach and the general before camp before the camp. All was positive. But the team had 8 defensemen and it was too much, so I was sent away."

"I would have preferred playing in a preseason game. But I learn quick" (Regarding having only two practices to learn to Habs' system"

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote