View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Button is full of ****, if we ate 1/2 of his cap hit there is little doubt in my mind that we couldn't at least get a 2nd rounder for him. Perhaps Nashville's 2nd would be a good fit?
A second round pick is not good value for Hemsky. If that's all that's being offered (and all due respect to Button I find that hard to believe) then we may as well just keep the player. Katz can afford the $5 million and it won't be a cap problem to carry the contract for one more year.

If MacT trades Hemsky for a second that will not bode well for the future of this club with him as a GM. Second round picks do not help this team in any way. We need real NHL players and we need them now. I thought the whole point of trading Hemsky was to inject more two way tenacity and physical play into the top six? Why in the world would we be moving out an all world skill set for a second round pick at this stage in the game? Hemsky has to go in a package for a player(s) who is going to help this team win games next season.

If I was MacT I'd be dangling a package of Hemsky and the first round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
So the Oilers wont pay Hemsky $5 million to be a 2nd liner with world class skill. (Matheson's words)

But they will pay Shawn Horcoff $5.5 million to be a 3rd liner with 3rd line skill...

Makes sense . Such a joke that there is not even a sniff of getting rid of Horcoff by any of the media. The guy who has captained the worst team in franchise history.

He makes more than Hemsky does and brings less to the table. He is also under contract for longer. Any other organization in the league would buy Horcoff out and do some actual management work and find an upgrade. Not a chance MacT even considers getting rid of Horcoff though. Zero.

****ing joke
That too ....