View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
A second round pick is not good value for Hemsky. If that's all that's being offered (and all due respect to Button I find that hard to believe) then we may as well just keep the player. Katz can afford the $5 million and it won't be a cap problem to carry the contract for one more year.

If MacT trades Hemsky for a second that will not bode well for the future of this club with him as a GM. Second round picks do not help this team in any way. We need real NHL players and we need them now. I thought the whole point of trading Hemsky was to inject more two way tenacity and physical play into the top six? Why in the world would we be moving out an all world skill set for a second round pick at this stage in the game? Hemsky has to go in a package for a player(s) who is going to help this team win games next season.

If I was MacT I'd be dangling a package of Hemsky and the first round pick.
Honest question, which teams do you expect to take Hemsky on at $5 million and give us a really good return?

Yakupov played his best at RW and is ready for the 2RW role. So what is Hemsky? Our 3RW? Are we fine with that and continuing to have a soft team to play against? When was the last time that you recall Hemsky heading to the net for deflections and paying the price in front of the net? I'd take the 2nd round pick (a high 2nd round pick) and his open cap spot over keeping him. Who is to say that we couldn't flip that pick to get the type of players that we desire? We'd have 3 2nd round picks, I'm sure that we could get some damn fine role players if we moved a pair of those picks.