View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't really believe anything these players say private or public after the Parise fiasco, at least not when millions of dollars are involved. It's easier to believe a Zubrus though cause he's not going to hit any ridiculous jackpot this offseason the way Clarkson could.
Nope and it's exactly like I said. Clarkson is some hot shot UFA, Zubrus isn't. He had his big day 6 years ago when he signed with us. I can't see there being much interest in him. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if for some slight chance it happens that we don't want him he will be able to find work somewhere. I still think it's absolutely imperative we re sign him before he hits the market though. Or else we could be in for a Salvador contract that we have to match which is exactly what happened with Sal. He said so himself. Though Dainius was injured most of last year, and isn't coming off a big playoffs either like Bryce was.

Patty I think there will be interest. In fact I think it's possible someone could throw some Shane Doan stupidity his way. Considering that Patty is the same age, and much better. Then again Doan is the most overrated player in the league that's older than 35. He has never been better than Elias, and is still not nearly as good as Elias.