View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
I hate to be yet another Wings fan in here, and know you already have a disdain for me - I think it should have been 2 minutes, but wasn't completely shocked that it wasn't after watching the replay multiple times. The Hawks got absolutely robbed on the non-goal, and I think make up calls are one of the worst aspects of hockey. Why cover up a possible mistake with an even more blatant one?

More responding to your post a few posts above where you said the Hawks were clearly the better team. Maybe I'm just a blind homer... well we know I'm that already... but I really thought the Wings were the better team for 60 minutes tonight, despite the bad officiating both ways. I'm really not trying to troll, but what did you see that makes you think the Hawks were better?
I would have understood if Hjalmarsson had been given 2 in the heat of the moment, given refs don't have the benefit of replays, Franzen was (or seemed, anyway) hurt. But after seeing the play again I really don't think it warranted a penalty and I thought the refs got it right.

I thought the Wings had a terrific 10 minute stretch in the 2nd period that was enough to get them the game. They didn't have a shot during the 2nd until about 12 minute to go in the period, if memory serves.. right around then was the time was when they really took over for a stretch. I thought the Hawks generally had the better of the scoring chances and the play throughout the rest of the ~50 minutes of the game. Hit three posts, had a goal disallowed... just didn't have the breaks go their way tonight - it happens. Detroit cashed in on their opportunities and that deserves praise, but while I do think Chicago can play better hockey than they did, I thought they were a bit better than the Wings tonight. Howard was very good too, I shouldn't forget to mention that.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote