View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 10:40 PM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Honest question, which teams do you expect to take Hemsky on at $5 million and give us a really good return?
Its only for one season, and you can bet wherever he goes they'll be getting a highly motivated Ales Hemsky. So in answer to your question, I imagine any team that isn't up against the cap and needs some secondary offense would take Hemsky for one season. Package him up with the first rounder and I bet a lot of teams become interested.

Quote:
We'd have 3 2nd round picks, I'm sure that we could get some damn fine role players if we moved a pair of those picks.
I'm done with living in a draft pick world man. There is enough talent on this team that any GM worth the title should be able to create a winning team here with a half dozen or so shrewd player transactions or signings. We don't need to worry about drafting more kids who may or may not be NHL players in five years. This is why I'm in favor of trading the first round pick this season. I would certainly take no satisfaction in having amassed three second round picks.