Thread: Brisebois +11
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2004, 08:42 AM
eddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
Yes, REALLY ! Brisebois is an intelligent dude. He's got the money now and got rid of the booing in the process by playing safe, unimaginative hockey like 95% of all d-men in the league. He's not even in the first wave of PP anymore.

As for + and -, never forget that there is FOUR other players on the ice. Their mistake can make your + and - stats look pretty bad.
So you basicly prefer the Brisbois 00/01 where he scored 15 goals 36 points and a -31, compared to Brisbois this year where he isn't scoring goals but is playing well defencivly and still is producing points he has 13 assists on pace for 30 points and +25, assuming he comes somewhat close to his projected total I think most would much prefer the way Brisboise is playing this year apposed to the old Brisbois who scored some more goals and took chances so what that was the Brisboise that made all the fans hate him and tried to boo him out of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
Two years ago, Brisebois had good stats and was in the PLUS (even if I don't care) and some nutcases started to boo him for all the wrong reasons. He lost his confidence and had a miserable year last year. But I still prefer the Brisebois of two years ago. Therrien did not use him wisely, always playing him against the opponet's top lines and in short handed situation and in the last minutes of every game. That is why he looked so bad.
Ya he had a decent season that year, and your probly right Therrien didn't play him correctly but he's still better now.

Last edited by eddy: 01-04-2004 at 08:46 AM.