View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Its only for one season, and you can bet wherever he goes they'll be getting a highly motivated Ales Hemsky. So in answer to your question, I imagine any team that isn't up against the cap and needs some secondary offense would take Hemsky for one season. Package him up with the first rounder and I bet a lot of teams become interested.
The cap is dropping, so we'd need to target teams with cap space. I'm all for dealing him for useful NHLers if we can get that return, my point is that I'm done with him and likely so are the Oilers organization. He adds nothing that we don't already have on the team. He needs to make way for the next wave of players IMO.

Quote:
I'm done with living in a draft pick world man. There is enough talent on this team that any GM worth the title should be able to create a winning team here with a half dozen or so shrewd player transactions or signings. We don't need to worry about drafting more kids who may or may not be NHL players in five years. This is why I'm in favor of trading the first round pick this season. I would certainly take no satisfaction in having amassed three second round picks.
Our 1st could give us another very solid player, so unless we can add a very solid player that is in their prime and at a reasonable price, I'd sooner keep the pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
I think MacT flips Hemsky for a high-ish 2nd round pick at the draft. Then spends his salary on Stalberg/Bickell/Clarkson/whoever. Yakupov deserves to be in the top 6, and I don't think there's room for Hemsky anymore.
Bingo, another name that I'd add to the mix is Horton.