View Single Post
05-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Kriss, I just finished watching the Red Wings/Blackhawks game. Both of those teams are built with developed players that they drafted..........and with players that they traded for.

Building from within without trading is a very risky move and Edmonton proves that season after season.

I can only speak for myself but I think that WhiskeySeven and I want to see Bergevin adopt the Chicago way (which ironically is what he helped to develop) of improving a team by trading players on the team as well as draft picks and or prospects.

We may see that this offseason.
As LG said, the problem in Edmonton is management. They focused on offense and neglected their defense and goaltending, not to mention that they're not in their first year of their rebuild, they should be a contending team already after all the prospects they've drafted in the top 5-10.

Bergevin has been here for not even one full season.
My point is that critiquing Bergevin for a lack of big moves in a transitional year is quite ridiculous.
If he doesn't do anything to fix some of our issues this summer and throughout the year, then I'll understand the discontent. However, he already initiated his rebuild, trading away an aging vet signed for an extra 2years for an upcoming UFA, bought out Gomez, made Kaberle sit all season and will either move or buy him out. So there's no doubt he initiated the process so no reason to doubt him really for now.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote