View Single Post
05-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Bennett Brauer
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
Why are we buying out Martin when he's turned his game around to become our best defenseman this year?
We're not buying him out, I used that option to clear his salary, I'm saying trade him, and I'm saying trade him because we're against the cap and we have solid D prospects who are close to NHL ready. Dumoulin being a strong candidate to make the team next season.

Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
You can not sign TK at 1.8 Million. Minimun is 2.0 Million.
Also I do not like the idea of buying out or trading Martin.
TK signed his contract when he scored 20+ goals that season, if he can get that on the open market, good for him, but if he wants to stay a Penguin, he would have to take a paycut.

Originally Posted by lettuceAA View Post
If Martin didn't waive his NTC the first time, It'd be a pretty big insult for Shero to ask him again, especially after he has elevated his play so much.
Martin chose not to waive the 1st time because Shero asked him if he even wanted traded in the first place, if Shero plans on trading him, he will ask him to waive instead of asking him if he wants traded. And I'm looking past his elevated play, this team is going to be tight against the cap, and he's making the most out of any player on our blue line. When Martin missed a month, how did our D look? We're better with him but I didn't notice any poor play without him unlike when we're without Letang.

Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Makes zero sense to trade or buyout Martin anytime soon.
Why? Look at the reasons I mentioned above, he definitely deserves props for elevating his game, but he's the most expensive blue liner at the moment, I don't think he's a $5M defenseman, when we were without him, our defense was still solid, when we're without Letang, our defense looks lost. So when I look at Martin, what makes us think Dumoulin can't A). Play that role better than Martin. B). Play it as good as Martin or C). Play it slightly more subpar than Martin but it's worth the $4.1M bridge in cap space?