View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Huffman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Why do you think he is overrated, please motivate? Do you base this assumption on his play in Sweden as a 18 and 19 year old or his play in North America?

About Landers leadership skills, extremely young alternate captain in Timrå (SEL) and captain experience from JWC as well.

It's kind of dangerous stating players like Lander being overrated, because they are still extremely young.

I've read a lot of criticism about Landeskog as well, same thing with him, very young and had most of his season spoiled because of a serious concussion. Landeskog has been dominating every single season until this sesaon, debuting in SEL as a 16 year old.

Their time will come, hopefully.
Leadership is great, but there are many terrible players with leadership qualities. Lander is not terrible, but he is a very average player in terms of skating, shot, playmaking etc. (fringe NHL'er at the moment). this is the Olympics we're talking about after all. Edmonton fans hyped him up quite a bit, comparing him to Zetterberg and Steen. I think he could turn into a Samuel Påhlsson type of player in the NHL one day but he's got a long way to go. I saw him play in Timrå and last year with the Oilers and a little bit this year and I have never changed my opinion on him.