View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
They wouldve with Henrik Lundqvist. Maybe multiple cups.
Maybe...maybe not. Stating they would have won with Lundqvist is your opinion. Stating they did win with Mike Richter is a fact.

Quote:
Not sure what your point is - Messier won 5 cups without Richter. Are you disagreeing that Richter had the luxury of much, much better players in front of him?
While Richter certainly did have much, much better players on that team, Hank is on a team that plays a much, much more defensive system, designed to protect our goalie, than Richter was. Richter did not have that benefit.

Please note I am not here to disparage Hank...I love Hank, and I'm rooting with all my heart he accomplishes everything Mike Richter did in the playoffs. But people who rationalize what Mike Richter did, and what he meant to that Ranger team, either do not remember or were too young to appreciate Mike Richter's role in that championship.

Hank's play in the Stanley Cup semifinals was...looking for a word...inconsistent? Not Hank-like? What Mike Richter did in the semifinals and Stanley Cup finals was special.

Let's Go Hank!!!