Thread: Great Britain: British players abroad
View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Scarecrow Boat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
I don't know why a GMHL team would pick someone without talking to them, lets be honest it's a bad league with a bad reputation, why would a kid who hadn't already agreed to report want to go there?
Happens in drafts all the time all around the world lol

I remember the 2011 USHL draft had a top 10 pick that went to BCHL instead and last years USHL draft Fred Gauthier went top 10 and he played with Rimouski this season and is now a projected first round pick lol

Same draft as Gauthier a team took Jankowski in the first round but he went straight to NCAA.

Plus getting the player to commit is the easy part when your in NA and talking about Euro players. QMJHL posters love to rip on Cape Breton because last year they picked #7 overall in the CHL Import draft and took a kid they knew would report... Problem is they never saw him live and it turned out he couldn't skate lmao

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=155638

they cut him on the last possible day because they were so embarrassed they didn't wanna cut him right away lol it was just fail all around.

Plus last year a few first round picks never played in the GMHL. The leagues hilarious for all the wrong reason. I hope he reports simply to get him out of Div 2 leagues but the league is crum

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote