View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 10:12 AM
OgieO

vCash: 500
Sens have been on the short end of the stick on calls for years now. That's not opinion, that's fact. We get called for more penalties than are called against our opponents and we're usually near the very bottom of the league in that regard. It's can't be our style either as that's changed significantly with our different coaches. I don't think the league is conspiring against us, but I think there are other biases at play that influence officials (they are human and influenced by things even if not intentional).

That trend has continued this series.

Missing the high stick on Karlsson was an egregious miss, the puck was right there and there wasn't an obstructed view. Likewise, calling Smith for roughing was a terrible call. Orpik alone got away with far worse multiple times in the same game. The Pens run interference on just about every faceoff and Sens dump in, but only the Sens have been called for either infraction this series.

Do I think there is a conspiracy? No way. Do I think the series is 2-1 Pitt because of the refs? No way. They are up because they've been the better team. Do I think the Penguins have benefited from poor officiating? Definitely.

OgieO is online now   Reply With Quote