View Single Post
Old
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Tell your son to just get in front of the defenseman in front of the net now on. Thats what the defense is suppose to do, pushing them away from the net is interference. He can also lift the offesemans stick if the puck is there or right before the puck gets there.
Right.

Tell your son to just hold his ground. If the defenseman tries to push him from his position that is interference. I imagine that your son began to push back, which would then be interference as well. Let the defenceman push you, he'll end up in the box.

You can stand wherever you want now as long as you don't have the puck. The new rules benifit fast skilled players, but also big forwards who operate around the net. You can actually use your size and stregnth now when you have the puck and not have to worry about two guys tackleing you.

Quote:
Great physical play was my forte on defense!
And it still should be. You just arn't allowed to interfere with people anymore. No one said you can't hit. My team has played a game under these rules and there was plenty of physical play, just not interference and hooking.

Last edited by Toonces: 10-02-2006 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added a comment
Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote