View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
The only New York area hockey team in the FHL has fell apart I believe.

ECHL, the closest team is 2.5 hours (Trenton, NJ). And yes, obviously serious semi pro and a new route to the NHL only makes it tougher.

AHL. Obviously the farm leagues and even that much tougher. It is one of the closest I can think of (Bridgeport or Hartford).

I even thought of finding a way into the Medvescak Hockey Club in Croatia (Europe). I have some connections that could take me somewhere. I have family there but it is in Europe. Now they were accepted into the KHL, it just became that much tougher. Though their B team would be a nice spot to try to get onto, I know a few kids on there and its not that strong from what I hear but growing.

For years I have been training in all assets of athletics and hockey and would like to see how far I can go. Where ever that may be. Its the competitor inside of me. Yet I also have a full time job as an engineer, a career I have just started and do have to consider that and my family in all of my decisions. Thats why location is an issue for me.

****Listen though, I guess I am sounding a bit to leisurely on this topic. I understand the difficult and challenges of making it to even the levels before this. So dont take it as im some cocky kid who is picking and choosing whatever he wants out of a hat. I know even more training and sacrifice would be needed.

I just wnt to have more knowledge of hockey leagues in my area. No matter what the competition is.