View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Connor McOilers
We suck.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Forwards are so bankable at no.1 it's actually amazing that teams even consider taking defensemen.

You are just as likely to get Chris Pronger as Cam Barker with a top 3 pick. It's pretty rare to land Niedermayer or Pronger - and both of them also took about 5 years to turn into true no.1 defensemen.

If Nathan MacKinnon is a player along the lines of Joe Sakic or Jonathan Toews, he should go no.1. It's safer and smarter. Way better risk management than taking Jones. I for one won't be shocked if the Avs take him and move Stastny and/or O'Reilly over the course of the next two seasons (targetting top 4 D in return).

I think the draft order is going:

Colorado - MacKinnon
Florida - Jones
Tampa Bay - Druoin
Nashville - Barkov
Carolina - Lindholm
Calgary - Monahan

Too bad for the Oilers, who will be left to decide on Nurse, Horvat, trading the pick.
This could very well be the case, but if any one of those teams takes a chance on Nichushkin (and carolina has no reason to draft a centre) then we would most likely has a shot at either Monahan or Lindholm. With Nichushkin reportedly excited to come to north america for the combine I wouldn't be surprised if we was picked before 7th.