View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 02:05 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
While Murray would be cheaper than Orpik, I still don't see Shero shipping out Orpik. Loyalty to the player or whatever. And I don't see room for both going forward. We have too many D in the system. Even with Morrow gone (grr), that still leaves Bort (either needs to play or get moved) ready, with Dumo probably ready, and Harrington knocking on the door (although probably a year or two off).
I don't see it either.

IMO, Shero resigns Dupuis. He resigns Murray for around what he's making. He ships out Fleury and Niskanen.

That's about 16.1M for defense . . . figure 18M once you slot in a 7th and 8th. 20M with Vokoun. Add Sid, Geno, Kunitz, Neal, and you've got 17M in cap space left. Sutter, Jokinen, Bennett, Vitale, Glass takes you to about 11M left.

So, if you keep Fleury, it's 6M left and you need 4 forwards (assuming you keep 13). Let Fleury go, get another Vokoun type for 2M, and you've got 9M for 4 forward positions. Figure 1.5M for the two cheapies, and it's 7.5M for two top nine forwards. Figure you keep a million in reserve . . .

You get my meaning, I'd think . . . moving Fleury makes the 64.3M cap manageable. Keeping Fleury means we're going to need a lot of help at the deadline and not have much cap space to deal with.