View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 02:07 PM
CraigsGotHandles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Maybe your right, but what if barkov turns into the next selanne and vanek doesn't sign extension and leaves after one season and Lindholm is just good. How would that move look then?!

Barkov has EVERY tool, he is the absolute complete package, and I would not be willing to turn that down over one year of Tomas vanek and a lesser prospect in Lindholm.

As far as the name thing, when he comes to North America, would he go to alek or Sasha??
What if Lindholm becomes the next Selanne and Barkov is just good? Prospects are tricky because nobody in the world knows for certain how they will translate into the big leagues. I think both will be first line centers, but who will be better? I am not comfortable assuming that we know the answer to that.

Vanek on the other hand has proven he can produce, with or without a supporting cast, at this level. If properly managed, worst case scenario is that he's traded for additional picks/prospects at the appropriate time, but it's not impossible that he would resign. Adding two talented pieces in this case would be preferable to adding one talented player, and don't try the quality over quantity line, because we would be getting a quantity of quality behind door number two.

I don't think Buffalo does that deal, and don't think we get Lindholm at that spot if it does happen, so I won't make any more points on this hypothetical topic, but over valuing an unproven prospect is unwise