View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Then Price should have a top 10 GAA, but he doesn't have that either. He needs to play BETTER. Lets not look at the stats for a second. His lateral movement is all over the place. He stays on his knees way too much. He doesn't track the puck. He doesn't seem to be able to have a short memory either. Of course, there are a lot of things he does very well too. If he was a middle of the road goalie and expectations reflected that then there would be no issue. The problem is Price was a blue chip prospect that at this point has not lived up to his hype or contract. I expect him to bounce back and all this talk will be forgotten.
Price does need to be better no question about that. But I'm not sure you can really say he hasn't lived up to his blue chip status or contract. He's considered by many to be the front runner for Team Canada. That's pretty bluechip. And I don't know many teams that would not have signed Price to that contract. It sucks that we have to spend so much on a goalie, because you can find lots of great deals in the short/medium term but that's what a goalie of his calibre costs long term.