View Single Post
05-21-2013, 06:59 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Call me crazy but I think he has the ability to maybe, MAYBE even have a 90 point season in his future. Something like 33 goals, 57 assists.
I suggested this on the main boards and was laughed at. Schenn has great offensive potential. Not many prospects that we have seen in the past few years or any right now have the same set of physicality and skill like he has. The only one that compares is Landeskog. Schenn is one of the few prospects who actaully fit the Mike Richards comparision even though thats thrown out there every year now. The difference is Schenn has tthe skills Mike could only dream of, but lacks his defensive insticts/smarts. Schenn could easily have some PPG+ seasons, even though the likeliness isn't high. He was on pace for about 46 points this year in a full 82 game schedule. He was EXTREMELY inconsistant and snakebitten this season too. At one point he went 12 games straight with no points. He was above PPG at 19 games into this season. 46 points in a 82 game season with a stretch of 12 games without a point is pretty ****in good, especially for a 20 year old. Schenn is going to score at least 55 points next season. For a 21 year old that's pretty damn good. I'm so excited to see what type of player he'll be in 3 years. I haven't been this excited over a player since I started watching hockey in 2007. I may be a bit of a homer though....