View Single Post
Old
01-04-2004, 09:55 AM
hillbilly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Acutally it wasn't. Your team has let the GM and owners absolutely dismantle one of the best teams in the league, and has nothing to show for it, save for Rico Fata, who they could have picked up off waivers to begin with.
actually it's not current managements fault the pens are in such rough shape. it's the old owner and his ludacris spending that killed the pens. They had no choice but to trade most of the players they did. The Jagr trade doesn't look great right now, but 2 out of 3 prospects the pens got for Jagr will be solid NHL players and there is hope for the 3rd prospect. Kovy going was definately a bad thing but what were they going to do? they would of lost him to free agency and would of had nothing to show for it. Rico Fata isn't a great players but he has more goals then kovy this year. and before the flames start I wouldn't dare say Fata is a better player then kovy. But instead of getting nothing and losing kovy we got a solid contributer. as for Straka who cares. he's a streaky player who is as injury prone as johanson. Strbak has really helped the pens d to. a lot more then straka's streaking offense was helping the pens. as for Robert Lang what did you want the pens to do. they offered him a contract and it wasn't good enough for him. the pens are going to be in good shape in about 3 or 4 years. especially if the CBA works out the way they want it to. Mario Lemieux got a mess when he bought the team and it will be a miracle if he keeps the team in pitt. I hope he can. The Winnipeg penguins just doesn't have the same ring to it. BTW I like Orpik a lot and I think he could of made our lineup. I think you underestimate his skating ability Smokey.