View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 07:28 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Quote:
Bern, the two other eligibles are Gretz and Goyette. I think it was Mike or Greg who mentioned they had Goyette in their top 10 but I haven't heard any substantial arguments in his favor yet.
Thanks Crease.
What I meant to emphasize is you wanted 7 names submitted to establish the final 5 slots.
I have not finalized, and am open to those making the case they wish, including Goyette, but I am leaning as indicated.

Quote:
I'm surprised you have Espo so low. He was here for 5.5 years and placed in the 95th percentile of the entire league for 4 of them. Conversely, O'Connor was here for 4 seasons and was exceptional in only 1. A Hart season. No Cup. How much do we want to weigh that Hart here when there's nothing else noteworthy on his Rangers resume?
I anticipate I will be properly harsh on Espo, who I considered good but overrated as indicated, and clearly 1 dimensional for which he needed help to get set up (as opposed to great shootists of every decade since late 60s I remember, many who needed no help to amass their many tallies); however, under no circumstance do I want to be unfair, and you are making a case that Espo deserves more props than I have given him thus far. Still gotta put this in perspective of the other candidates...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote