Thread: Speculation: What do we do if we lose?
View Single Post
Old
05-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Hey, I love Toews. Don't get me wrong. I have no want to move him or have anything against him.. but when complaining about players not producing, relative to expectations and role, Toews has been a major let-down the past 3 years. In 2011 he was up against Kesler, but that had never stopped him from producing before. Last year, he was coming off a concussion, so you have to give him a pass there.. but this year, there's no excuses. He's going up against great competition, but he always does. He needs to find a way to produce, because if he can't, the Hawks won't win this series. Chicago needs their best players to be their best players. They have depth, their depth has done their share of scoring thus far, they need more from all their stars, but especially Toews.
Haha I was being sarcastic. I agree with pretty much everything you said. The entire team needs to step it up, but especially Toews. Babcock and Zetterberg have done a great job shutting him down, but like you said, we need our best players and leader to play like it. Singling out guys like Bolland is a waste of time.

At least Toews had some scoring chances in Game 3 and fought back a little bit. But it still wasn't nearly good enough.