View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 12:04 AM
pitseleh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Washington isn't one of the teams I follow so Hendricks isn't a guy I really have an opinion on, but what makes the Bruins 4th line good IMO is they have legitimately skilled guys like Dan paille playing there. Is Hendricks as good as a Paille? Hendricks has 2 points in 34 playoff games...
I'm surprised that teams haven't started keying in on guys coming off bad years to get a decent player for their fourth line. Every year you see other guys like Paille (like Patrick Eaves, Clarke MacArthur, Scott Gomez, etc.) sign for peanuts and become quality fourth liners despite the fact that they don't exactly fit the mould teams are looking for there. Having a guy like that opens the door to using a couple of less skilled players if you want a fourth line that is big and intimidating.

I like the Brad Richardson suggestion.

Another guy I see as a buy low opportunity is Alexei Ponikarovsky. His offense fell off the map this season (9 points in 42 games) but he was still a quality possession player who got the short end of the stick in terms of the percentages. He only got $1.8 million last offseason coming off a 33 point season, and it's tough to imagine much of a market for him with a declining cap and his production this year. He's a good bounceback bet and fits the size mantra Gillis seems to be preaching. Worst case, he'd be a decent fourth liner.