View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Paul Stastny is a tank. He's not a physical player but he doesn't get knocked off the puck either. He's shorter than Kesler but stronger on his skates.

Maybe people want Stastny because our top 9 has been built around undersized, defense 1st tweeners that can't produce enough secondary scoring and Stastny is one of the more productive players in the NHL over the last 3-5 years. Not to mention Stastny is the exact type of linemate Kesler needs...
Except he comes at a high price both in trade and contract, neither being favorable for us. I might be sold on the idea if Stastny were a free agent and we signed him to a better contract but as it stands, we are better off either re-signing Roy or looking elsewhere. Size is an overrated aspect nowadays - the latest trend.

I would much rather look to Cammalleri or Tanguay out of Calgary, both who are underrated playmakers, come at far more reasonable contracts (Calgary would eat Cammy's salary) and in Cammalleri's case, have a monstrous playoff resume. Biggest perk is it wouldn't cost nearly as much to get them as it would Stastny.

Now if Colorado is willing to trade him for a first and B prospect while eating up to twenty percent of that god awful contract. I'll play ball.

Short of those two, Burrows/Kesler/Roy is hardly a bad line. In fact, I would argue it being pretty deadly.