View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
I just think it's worth one last kick at the can before giving him up for nothing right now. Giving yourself a strict set of parameters for a "third line" is limiting how effective your hockey team can be as a whole.

I'd rather get back to prospect talk though. As I said, if you think poorly of Hemsky I doubt there is much to be said that could change your mind. With 83, it seems you're either in or out on him and it just ends at a difference of opinion always.
There is no "last kick at the can" for Hemsky in Edmonton. He's a UFA at the end of the season and this is the last chance for the team to get any sort of value for him, no matter how reduced it is.

Because they sure as hell aren't getting a decent return if they keep him until the trade deadline. He's been bumped down the roster by Eberle/Yakupov, and won't get all the cushy powerplay minutes to bump up his numbers to make him more attractive to playoff bound teams either. He doesn't even fit the type of player teams want at trade deadline(big and/or playoff warrior types, or defensemen).