View Single Post
Old
05-22-2013, 04:30 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I honestly would rather trade Burrows for a top prospect + 1st or something like that then buyout Booth.

Am I crazy?

Is my valuation completely off (regarding player values)?
Only if you think Burrows commands that much value. I would say a first alone is enough. Much as I love Burrows, he means far more to us than any other team in the league. Consider for a moment what your reasons are for trading him: may be overpaid; thirty. Every other team is going to be thinking the same and most certainly are not about to hand over a top prospect and their first. Look at huge aggressive Pittsburgh and Boston were in their refusal to do just that.

Value aside, Burrows was essentially paid chump change for all his success here and perception would be highly negative on our reputation to trade him now. I also believe it would spend the wrong message to the dressing room, especially to Kesler and Bieksa.

For those reasons, I cite Burrows untouchable, if only due to circumstance; his value isn't there on the market and his departure would set in a slew of negatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Vancouver trades:
Alex Edler
Jordan Schroeder
Roberto Luongo

Philadelphia trades:
Sean Couturier
Erik Gustafsson
Wayne Simmonds
Ilya Bryzgalov
If we are going the buyout route, then Luongo is who we do so with not another goalie. When Lu retired we were be stuck with dead cap, whereas buying him out alleviates us of that issue. Therefore, if we are not getting value for him via trade, it is far more beneficial to go that route. Nevertheless, this is a horrible deal for the Flyers. Simmonds is the definition of untouchable; young, career year, big power-forward. Everything we want Kassian to become they have.

That leaves Edler for Gusafsson and Couturier. Value wise, it is fair however I tend to favor Chris' argument a while back. Considering how determined Holmgren was to not trade Couturier, I have my doubts they deviate from that course. He is their best defensive centre and being the gambler I am, see them liable to test him or even Giroux on the wing before a trade is made, unless it is a blatant overpayment, which this is not.